Sunday, June 13, 2010

Moving on and growing up.

My husband is selling his childhood twin bed right now. That statement in itself flabbergasts me because Jim had always resisted getting rid of his things. When we first got married I'd asked what he was going to do with the bed (along with a room full of battered and abused childhood memorabilia) and the basic idea was that he wanted to just keep it at his parents house forever. After some nagging on my part he agreed to try and sell a few things. I knew his parents could use the room that it was in for something besides the Jim's childhood shrine. Since then the bed has sat in pieces in his bedroom while he halfheartedly looked for someone to buy it. No one would ever offer enough to satisfy him.

A couple days ago he informed me that he found a buyer. I didn't even realize he'd still been posting his add on Craigslist. I guess it turns out he really is growing up. I should start paying closer attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment